UX & UI Design Director
We’re iamota – an independent digital agency with a focus on ecommerce. We think, create and code remarkable digital experiences, which means we do strategy, creative and development. We work with big brands (Kal Tire, Manitoba Harvest, TELUS, Genuine Health and many others) and have a great time doing it.
We’re looking for a UX & UI Design Director to join us immediately. The UX & UI Design Director reports directly to the CEO, leads the UX and UI design team, and works collaboratively with clients and team members across disciplines to deliver remarkable digital experiences for people across all screens.
Areas of focus:
- Lead UI & UX direction, design concepts, workshops (internal and with clients), design, mock-ups and documentation as required. And where needed, present the thinking and the work to clients.
- Foster a greater understanding and appreciation of UX and UI design, including ecommerce, for the team and clients.
- Manage and grow talent on the design team to ensure you have the support and firepower for success. This includes full-time team members and a roster of freelance talent to step up for select projects.
- Provide important leadership and guidance to both the client and the internal teams by presenting / creating potential solutions.
- Drive solutioning and inspire collaboration to ensure we create the best user experience and business outcomes for clients and at the same time leverage our vast internal assets (people, knowledge, platforms, components and code) to help deliver faster, better work and at the same time mitigate risk.
- Understand the client, their competitors and key industry trends to help inform the right potential solutions.
- Assist Project Managers with UX and UI project scoping and solutioning.
- Make your mark by being an influential voice internally and with our clients; be sought after and listened to because of your thinking, problem solving, solutioning, relationships and true understanding of end user and business needs.
- Communicate effectively to all project stakeholders: clients, project director / manager, designers, tech leads, developers.
- Assist with new business pitches - documents and presentations.
- Meet with the CEO and Chief Strategy Officer on a regular basis to flag any gaps in talent, delivery or execution.
Who we're looking for:
- You have designed, user-centered ecommerce solutions and know how they fit into the bigger omni-channel customer journey.
- A Complex problems solver. You’re great at asking questions of clients and team members. You’re a “solutioner” at heart.
- An active player who can coach, lead and oversee the design output.
- You can translate requirements into design specifications.
- Proficient with creative workflows and the latest tools including: Sketch; Invision + Craft; and Adobe CS.
- You love to learn and teach. You carry no ego and no sense of entitlement.
- A confident communicator (written and verbal) both internally and to clients.
- Self motivated and ambitious with a desire to work smarter.
- Professional schooling or learning (e.g. training courses, post secondary, online learning—tell us more).
- 5 years experience working within an agency environment, or similar digital marketing environment client side.
Perks at iamota:
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the iamota team, we offer a competitive compensation package, top-tier benefits and countless perks like extended holidays. No one likes to work on their birthday – at iamota it’s a mandatory day off. As a member of the team, you’ll be working in a casual atmosphere punctuated by memes, animated gifs, conversational #hashtags, breakout nerf basketball tournaments and beer Fridays, and you’ll be situated in the vibrant neighbourhood of Yaletown.
How to apply
If you think we’re a perfect match, please email firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- Your resume
- A cover letter, including reference to recent design work you take pride in
- Link to your portfolio or relevant case studies
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted. No recruiters, agencies or phone calls, please.