Senior Full Stack Web Developer
We’re iamota – a full service digital agency that thinks, creates and codes remarkable digital experiences for people across all screens. We work with big brands (Kal Tire, Manitoba Harvest, TELUS, and many others) and have a great time doing it.
We’re looking for a Senior Full Stack Web Developer that gets truly excited about writing exceptional code and helping drive a team of developers to create remarkable experiences for medium to large scale projects. You should be a self-starter; oriented towards over-delivering on expectations. We’re looking for someone that is able to solution independently, but also communicate well within a broader team of strategists, designers, project managers and developers.
Position is open to full-time or contractors. Do you prefer front-end web development without emphasis on PHP? We’re hiring for that too!
Who we're looking for
- You love what you do, have opinions, and thrive when faced with technical challenges.
- Are a committed team player and able to work independently and lead others with minimal guidance.
- Can help define, teach, and champion optimal coding standards and practices (especially front-end).
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment where business priorities can change quickly.
- Have agency experience and have a proven ability to meet requirements on budget and on time.
- Are comfortable enough in PHP and backend development to fill in for other backend developers when needed.
Our Technology Stack
We assess the appropriate stack on a project-by-project basis and would look to you for recommendations, but this is the most common base stack that you should be comfortable in:
HTML5 / CSS3: Twig templating, SCSS, BEM style naming conventions, Foundation (grid)
JS: Browserify, React, jQuery, lodash, and occasionally AngularJS / Node.js
PHP / CMS: WordPress, highly customized as an Object-Oriented MVC application (think Laravel-style code with a familiar WordPress CMS admin behind it).
Tools: Git, npm, Grunt, Bower, Composer, Codeship
Infrastructure: AWS, OpsWorks, Chef, Nginx, MySQL
Perks at iamota
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the iamota team, we offer a competitive compensation package, top-tier benefits and countless random perks. No one likes to work on their birthday – at iamota it’s a mandatory day off. As a member of the team, you’ll be welcomed into a casual space filled with Internet memes, animated gifs, conversational #hashtags, breakout nerf basketball tournaments and beer Fridays.
How to apply
If you think we’re a perfect match, please email firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- Your resume
- A cover letter, including reference to a recent technical accomplishment you take pride in
- Link to your portfolio, relevant code samples and/or your Git repository