We’re iamota – an independent Canadian digital agency with a focus on e-commerce.
We help our clients tell their stories and sell their products and services. In the process, we turn our clients’ brands into digital leaders in their respective categories.
We’re on the path to becoming a leading e-commerce agency in North America by building on our portfolio of omni-channel clients with a focus on health and wellness, retail and apparel.
We work with big brands (Kal Tire, London Drugs, Nature’s Path Foods, Sugoi, Alive Publishing Group, Genuine Health, Manitoba Harvest and many others) and have a great time doing it.
We are looking for:
An experienced Project Manager to join us shortly. The Project Manager will be responsible for running larger scale marketing and e-commerce websites from planning through to completion. Working collaboratively with the team to ensure client projects are planned, executed and delivered on time, within scope and on budget. This position will report directly to the Director of Delivery.
What you’d be doing:
Project Planning & Management
- Responsible for planning all operational aspects for new projects.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of projects, including:
- Allocate appropriate resources
- Review and update project schedules
- Manage project timelines and budgets
- Oversee and review work done by the project team
- Maintain project documentation
- Ensure projects are kept on track and completed within defined time and budget.
- Lead discussions with the internal and client team to gather, refine and define project requirements (business, user, content, technical).
- Work closely with the Director of Delivery and other key team leads to produce complex project estimates and statements of work.
- Monitor progress of projects to ensure they meet targets and client expectations.
- Ensure all stakeholders have a clear view of activities, milestones, costs, and risks at all times.
- Ensure the team is not over-scheduled on project tasks and have everything they need to work effectively and efficiently.
- Obtain approvals at all appropriate stages of strategy, creative and technical production.
- Facilitate presentation of milestones/deliverables to the client.
- Provide estimation and planning support for business development team.
- Play a key role scheduling and running stakeholder meetings.
- Be a leader - responsible for organizing and running sprint meetings and stand-ups for your project team.
- Establish and support positive relationships with teams and clients.
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with internal team leads on project resourcing, progress, and challenges.
- Meet with the Director of Delivery on a regular basis to provide updates on project status, flag any project / client issues.
Who we’re looking for:
- 4+ years experience working as a project manager or account manager in an agency environment.
- 2+ years experience working within the digital space, with proven examples of delivering multi-faceted projects.
- Experience with WordPress CMS.
- A relevant degree and/or diploma.
- Capable of running projects independently, from planning to completion.
- Demonstrated organizational abilities, strong attention to detail.
- You are a multitasking pro - you have established skills and techniques to juggle a number of tasks or projects at any given time.
- Stellar communication skills - written and verbal.
- You collaborate with ease, understanding the challenges for all members of the team to bring about a justified solution.
- Be able to confidently communicate ideas both internally and to clients.
- Play an active role in overseeing the output and quality control of work from designers and developers.
- You keep calm under pressure, and are able to adapt to unexpected changes within a project.
- Solution-oriented work, positive team player.
- Self motivated and ambitious individual with a desire to help us work smarter.
- Contribute to strategy discussions, bringing your own unique perspectives to solve complex problems.
- Comfortable with creative workflows: especially the design and development workflow (you know how it works, who’s involved, when, and why).
- A good understanding of CMS platforms and e-commerce solutions.
Bonus points (not essential):
- Experience with E-commerce (particularly Shopify and Salesforce Commerce Cloud).
- Experience with SCRUM and Agile project management principles.
- Experience using Trello to run projects.
- Understanding of SEO fundamentals.
- Understanding of Google Analytics fundamentals.
Perks at iamota:
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the iamota team, we offer a competitive compensation package, top-tier benefits and countless perks like extended holidays. No one likes to work on their birthday – at iamota it’s a mandatory day off. As a member of the team, you’ll be working in a casual atmosphere punctuated by memes, animated gifs, conversational #hashtags, breakout nerf basketball tournaments and beer o’clock Fridays, and you’ll be situated downtown in the vibrant neighbourhood of Yaletown.
How to apply:
If you think we’re a match, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject "Junior Project Manager" and include:
- Your resume
- A cover letter
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No recruiters or agencies please.
NOTE: This position is an in-house role in Vancouver, BC. We are not considering remote or outside candidates.