Senior Back-end Web Developer
We’re iamota – an independent digital agency with a focus on ecommerce. We think, create and code remarkable digital experiences, which means we do strategy, creative and development. We work with big brands (Kal Tire, PNE, London Drugs, TELUS, and many others) and have a great time doing it.
We’re looking for a Back-end Web Developer that gets truly excited about writing code and crushes out exceptional work at lightning speed. You should be able to solution independently, but also communicate well within a broader team of strategists, designers, project managers and developers.
We’re seeking a full-time hire, but contractors may apply. No recruiting agencies please.
Who we're looking for:
- You love what you do, have opinions, and thrive when faced with technical challenges.
- Have expert level proficiency in PHP and web development.
- Are inspired by the idea of improving upon our custom WordPress-based framework that replaces its traditional “functional development” and theming with a Object-Oriented code and MVC (think Laravel-style code).
- Experience in ecommerce development, preferably with Magento 2, Shopify and/or Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
- Write performance-oriented code that is secure, clean, and built specifically with reuse in mind.
- Can help define, teach, and champion coding standards.
- You can independently solve complex development challenges and clearly articulate the pros/cons of the proposed solution.
- If DevOps or “The Cloud” excites you, we’d also love help maintaining and improving our custom AWS hosting infrastructure (maintained entirely “with code” via Chef).
Our Technology Stack:
We assess the appropriate stack on a project-by-project basis and would look to you for recommendations, but this is the base stack that you should be comfortable in:
PHP / CMS: WordPress, highly customized as an Object-Oriented MVC application
Ecommerce: Magento 2, integrated to work alongside WordPress in hybrid deployments
Tools: Git, npm, Grunt, Bower, Composer, Codeship (Continuous Integration)
Infrastructure / Hosting: AWS, OpsWorks, Chef, Nginx / Apache, MySQL
JS: ES6, React, jQuery, lodash, Browserify
HTML5 / CSS3: Twig templating, SCSS, BEM style naming conventions
Perks at iamota:
As a member of the team, you’ll be welcomed into a fun and casual space filled with memes, animated gifs, #hashtags, breakout nerf basketball tournaments, and “Beer Fridays”. In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the iamota team, we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Top-tier health & dental benefits
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick leave
- Your birthday is a bonus (and mandatory!) day off
How to apply
If you think we’re a perfect match, please email email@example.com including:
- Your resume
- A cover letter, including reference to a recent technical accomplishment you take pride in
- Link to your portfolio, relevant code samples and/or your Git repository
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted. No recruiters, agencies or phone calls, please.