We’re iamota – an independent digital agency with a focus on eCommerce. We think, create and code remarkable digital experiences, which means we do strategy, creative and development. We work with big brands (Kal Tire, Manitoba Harvest, TELUS, Genuine Health, Nature’s Path Foods and many others) and have a great time doing it.
We’re looking for a UX/UI Designer to join us on location in our Vancouver office. The UX/UI Designer reports directly to the Design Director, and works collaboratively with the design and development teams to deliver remarkable digital experiences for people across all screens.
Areas of focus:
- Craft intuitive website and eCommerce experiences, leveraging UX and UI design standards and industry best practices.
- Produce design deliverables utilizing Sketch, Invision and/or other prototyping tools:
- Detailed site maps, user flows/task flows, user journeys, page flows, paths to purchase, etc.
- Wireframes, annotations, and prototypes that represent design flow and interaction recommendations.
- Detailed visuals / mockups.
- Staying up-to-date on trends, new advances, and new platforms in the digital product space.
- Push boundaries and break the status quo.
- Understand how to delve into the data/analytics in order to find areas to improve.
- Experiment with different interaction patterns and flows, from pre-defined components to out-of-the box concepts.
- Collaborate with design and development teams to ensure the desired user experience is in the final product.
- Proven creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to accommodate tight deadlines and solution to budgetary constraints.
- Thorough, detail-oriented, and highly organized.
- Proven interpersonal skills, client relation skills, and ability to work in a team environment.
- Can speak to UX & UI design decisions and unveil the ‘why’ behind your work.
- Can lead discussions around your process, explorations and conclusions.
- Participate in an open, collaborative, and inclusive office environment.
Who we're looking for:
- At least 3 years of experience in designing UX & UI for web and mobile.
- At least 2 years experience in the role of user experience designer, experience architect, information architect, interaction designer, or similar role.
- Experience applying research and analysis to design and strategy.
- Experience with: user-centered design techniques; design sprints & team based concepting.
- You have experience in and a passion for eCommerce, and the intricacies of moving users down the purchase funnel.
- High proficiency in using Sketch and InVision, or similar design and prototyping tools.
- A solid portfolio of product work that can speak to both your UX and visual design skills.
- You receive feedback well and can iterate on your designs, no matter how attached to them you are.
- You’re not a jerk—please leave your ego at the door.
Perks at iamota:
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the iamota team, we offer a competitive compensation package, top-tier benefits and countless perks like extended holidays. No one likes to work on their birthday – at iamota it’s a mandatory day off. As a member of the team, you’ll be working in a casual atmosphere punctuated by memes, animated gifs, conversational #hashtags, breakout nerf basketball tournaments and beer Fridays, and you’ll be situated in the vibrant neighbourhood of Yaletown.
How to apply
If you think we’re a match, please email email@example.com including:
- Your resume
- A cover letter
- Link to your portfolio or relevant case studies
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted. No recruiters, agencies or phone calls, please.